Friday, October 23, 2009

Exercising For a Lifetime

I started exercising about a month ago and now it is something that I look forward to doing. Volleyball season has started and I am the assistant coach. I jog five laps before practice when I am there. Exercising is something that I do and I really enjoy it. To be honest, I think I have been doing this consistently since the middle of September. There is a big difference in the way my clothes are fitting me. The jeans and pants aren't so tight and there is more room in the waist area. My face has even slimmed down. My goal is to be able to fit into a true 10, I think that would be 165 lbs. for me. Haven't been there in a long time. 10 years ago I was 24 years old, here I am 34, where did time go? What did I do with it? I don't want another 10 to go by and I am here where I am right now. Wow and I don't even say that word. My, my, my!

As for this exercise thing, I started by riding my bike trainer 5 minutes a day. Next, I moved up to 10 and 15 and so forth. I use my 10 lb. dumb bells to do some arm exercises. Leg lefts with the ball and squats with the weight or ball, it depends. I also started going to acupuncture and yoga once a week. That was very good for my overall body. Since volleyball doesn't end until December I can't do them anymore. I also sometimes do the stairs at the park. While in Atlanta at a conference, I used the stair stepper, elliptical, treadmill, and bike. It made me want my own personal gym.

I look forward to doing something daily, I do take a break every three days depending on how my mind or body feel. So this is something new to me, I haven't been here in a long time and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment